Support > Click-To-Run not supported
Click-To-Run not supported
Microsoft Office recently offered a new installation mode with Home and Student 2010 and Office Home and Business 2010 called 'Click-to-Run' (CTR).
The problem with CTR is that you don't install a 'real' Office. Instead, you will be installing Office virtually.
You don't have many advantages when using CTR, but run into a lot of troubles instead. For one, several Outlook programs don't work with CTR.
Another crucial downside of a CTR-based installation is that you can't access your Outlook data from another application. It does not work with 'SynchPst for Outlook' too.
So - what should you do?
The solution is easy. Instead of CTR, you can switch to the 'classic' MSI-based installation.
To do that, just follow these steps:
- Save all your work and close all programs.
- Open your control panel and click on 'Program and Features' to see all your installed programs.
- Select Microsoft Office Click-To-Run 2010, and then click on 'Uninstall'.
- To remove Microsoft Office Click-To-Run, click 'Yes'.
- Go to the Microsoft Office alternative fulfillment page and log in.
- Click 'My Account'.
- Click 'Download', and then select 'Advanced Options'.
- Follow the instructions.
- To install the MSI-based Microsoft Office edition, run 'SingleImage.exe'.
- When prompted, type in your product key to continue. Your license key is the same. You don't need a new product key.
If you have difficulties to uninstall Microsoft Office Click-To-Run then have a look at this trouble-shooting page.